The Belmar Station – August 1914

Page 1 The Belmar Station The illustration at the top of this page shows the operating building located at the water’s edge at Belmar, N.J.   The masts of this gigantic Marconi station which appear in the background, are 300 feet high and aerials carried on them...

WIRELESS PLANT COMPLETED

Published The Hightstown Gazette on July 9, 1914 – Page 1 Thanks to Mr. Robert Craig of the New Jersey State Historic Presrvation Office who found and sent us this article.  Although the article has some inaccuracies, it also has some interesting items.  First...

MARCONI LIGHTS A LAMP SIX MILES AWAY

Published in the Electrical Experimenter in the April 1914 issue on Page 186 It is announced that Sig. Marconi has succeeded in lighting an electric lamp by electricity through the agency of wireless at a distance of six miles. A bulb was attached to a receiver...

MARCONI COMPANY PURCHASES LAND

Published in The Asbury Journal in March of 1914.  Specific date not known. Web editor comments: Dr. Kinmouth was the editor of the Asbury Journal, which evolved into the Asbury Park Press.  The “balancing line” was held up by 150 foot tall towers made of...