The King’s College, Belmar, NJ

Muriel Renard Kerr ’44 in front of the Gym and biology class building (9006 – former Marconi power and heat plant).

A snack on porch of science building on Shark River Bay (9004 – former Marconi Operations Building). L to R Muriel Renard Kerr ’44, Mary Moore Wentling ’44, Jean Horn Henry ’44.

Rear of science building on Shark River Bay (9004 – former Marconi Operations Building) with 9005 on right. 9005 was used as a dormitory. We are not sure when or by whom this building was built.

The Gym and biology class building (9006 – former Marconi power and heat plant). In 1942 this open space was filled with the Camp Evans telephone exchange building 9059. A masonry addition was placed on the right side of 9006.

The old farm house was used by The King’s College as a boys dormitory. Marconi stayed in this house when he visited. When the Army arrived in 1941 the main section of the house was relocated to the corner of Monmouth Bl. and Taft St. where it stands today

A view from a hotel window at the Shark River basin. That is 9002, the Marconi station manager’s cottage on the left.

A girls dorm room in left side of hotel near corner. Alice Wright Paesley ’42 and Louise Woods Crawford ’44.

page created July 4, 1999